About Me

My photo
pune, India
In a battlefield with just a pen in hand, testing its might.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

YOU LIED!

Sorry for the spelling mistakes ,punctuation and grammar. i wrote this on notepad... now i realize the value of MS Word.

I was hurt.I was in pain.
You gave me a magic stick and said that it will make the pain go away

I believed you when you said
that it was a substitute to happiness

I took it.
The stick started burning...
I willed it to take away my sorrow.

My head started spinning.
I thought it was a reflection of my present state of mind
confused... and unstable.
The state of my mind was being reflected through my body - i told myself.

Once i used the stick i fell onto the ground and closed my eyes.
It will work... i told myself.

The next day i took another one of your sticks.
and another... and another

I began to believe that once the body becomes stable... so will my mind
you said it will... you said everything will be alright...

One day the stick made my body light...
I began wondering... how come my mind isn't any lighter?
Why am i still weighed down by life?

I pondered over this while i reached for one more...

Wait! If this stick is not working then why am i picking it up thought i, while still picking the burning stick

That's when i realized that it was not the stick which was burning... nor was it my pain... nor was it my problems.
It was my body.

I watched helplessly as the tiny flicker of flame burned my life down.

3 comments: