About Me

My photo
pune, India
In a battlefield with just a pen in hand, testing its might.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

BECAUSE...


We have to think twice before we go out of the house because…

We have to make sure that we are covered properly before we open that door because…

We have to walk with our head down on the road because…

We have to bear with the comments, the stares, the wolf whistles because…

We have to work twice as hard to prove our worth because…

We have to cross our fingers every time we use public transport because…

We have to pray during pregnancy that it is not a girl because…

We have to pay in order to become an unpaid servant/slave cum prostitute because…

We have to leave our parents who brought us up to serve someone else’s parents because…

We are supposed to be “weak” yet we have to bear the physical, mental, emotional abuse because…


So many reasons to hate them yet

We choose to we hate them because they are “mean” and they “break our hearts”

So many reasons to hate them

Yet we love them… because? They have dicks?


Say that I am a man hater and I’ll say “yes I am.”

Call me a chauvinist and I’ll say “yes I agree”

Think I am a lesbian and ill say “I wish”

I am a woman and I’m not sorry,

I am a feminist and I’m not ashamed.

I am what I am and I am proud of who I am.


It is true that sometimes I feel… I feel ashamed and sorry… but only on your behalf.


After all that I’ve seen, heard and experienced, they are not big enough for me to still love you.

3 comments: